What’s not to love about Chicken Tenders?
Typically reserved for those “ordering out” kind of meals, you will be amazing at just how easy it is to bring the restaurant home. Best part about it is that you can save all that deep frying (and splattering mess) because these are baked, making them a much healthier alternative.
Once you bite into these tender strips of crispy chicken, you will never believe it took you less than ten minutes of prep time.
I’ve owned my Black & Decker Toaster Oven for years, but I’ve finally decided to upgrade that work horse to a larger Toaster Oven. I love using it for quick meals when only a few of us are at home, and I’ve showed my own kids how to master this recipe in minutes – just using the toaster oven.
Simple Tips: With any easy recipe, feel free to mix it up with varying spices. I went very simple with this, but feel free to add in some garlic salt or other favorite seasonings. Once you’ve mastered this base recipe, start experimenting by adding a dash of honey or soy sauce to the mayo mixture. Also, this is a perfect time to use up those cracker packs that have been opened and are beginning to go stale. I mixed three opened packs of varying crackers to create the topping. I avoided food waste and changed up the taste and texture just a bit for a new variety. They crisp up perfectly in the oven.
Recipe: Sesame Chicken Tenders
Summary: These easy Sesame Chicken Tenders will make you forget the restaurant variety when you see just how simple and delicious this bakes up every time.
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (or tenders)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (light works just fine)
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups crushed round buttery crackers
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut chicken into strips (if using breasts)
- Stir together the mayo, onion and mustard.
- Combine crackers and sesame seeds.
- Dip chicken into mayo mixture; then dredge in cracker mixture.
- Repeat process again (time permitting)
- Place chicken on lightly greased baking sheet or stone.
- Bake at 425 degrees until done, approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve with favorite BBQ sauce or honey mustard sauce.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Enjoy these easy Sesame Chicken Tenders (or Strips for those kids who can’t call them anything else.) 🙂
For a yummy simple Sesame Chicken Recipe, be inspired at this recipe.