I’m all for trying new foods, and the more I experiment with my cooking the more I want to broaden my palate and try unique taste. However, sometimes you just want a good old fashioned home, cooked meal like grandma used to make. Yes, something cooked low and slow and full of flavor may be just what the doctor ordered.
If that’s what you’re looking for, look no more. This chicken dish is sure to please even the most picky eater in your family.
Make sure you save any extra broth to whip up a savory gravy or use the leftovers for your C.O.S.T cooking meal #2: Homemade Chicken Soup.
Recipe: Savory Slow Cooker Chicken
Summary: This simple, just like grandma used to make, slow cooker chicken is sure to please even the pickiest eater.
- 6 thawed chicken breasts
- 6-8 carrots *
- 4-6 celery stalks *
- 2 sweet onions *
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1tsp paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1/8 cup coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
- poultry seasoning
- Peel and quarter onions. *
- Chop carrots and celery stalks into thirds. * Place these vegetable on the bottom of slow cooker
- Mix the broth, paprika, bay leaves, thyme, rosemary, parsley, and coconut oil in a mixing bowl, then pour over vegetables.
- Cut thawed chicken breasts in half cross-wise.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning to taste on all sides, then place on top of vegetables in slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 6-8 hours, or High for 3-4.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from slow cooker and serve immediately.
*Use the chopped veggies from your Power Cooking Session.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6