When one hears the title, Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo or even Shrimp Fettuccine, for that matter, our minds are instantly transported to a fine dining restaurant experience where hours are spent in perfect presentation of the dish.
Can we clear our preconceived notion that this dish takes time to prepare and realize that in ten minutes of prep, you are ready for a full scale fine dining experience right in your own home?It’s that easy and so full of flavor that your kids may just gobble it down.
Oh yes, make sure you pin or book mark this one because it’s the perfect recipe to impress your guests.
As with any sauces or roux, make the base recipe first, but then feel free to spice it to your liking. Since we love garlic, I might add a bit more minced garlic, and I always use garlic salt and onion powder as a staple seasoning.
Recipe: Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo
Summary: This quick, yet creamy rich twist on shrimp makes for a delicious, yet elegant dinner.
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 (cup) green onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream or half and half (lighter)
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- salt, pepper to taste (or even red pepper flakes for a kick)
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions or use fresh for even more fine dining quality. Typically for 8 minutes or until al dente; drain and lightly salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in onions and garlic, and saute for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp stirring to combine, and cook 3 minutes more until shrimp turns pink.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Pour in cream, salt, and pepper and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Do not boil. Gradually sprinkle 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese over seafood mixture and continue stirring another minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Toss cooked pasta into the pan, coating thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese, Roma tomatoes, and garnish with parsley.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6