There are moments in life when you just need to believe you are a rock star in the kitchen. With that believing, the old adage, “Fake it till you make it” may just come into play.
Is that even allowed on a cooking blog? Absolutely!!
Sometimes we let so much guilt take hold of us about certain expectations when our heart’s desire is simply to avoid the drive through, slash our food budget and have precious time at dinner with the family.
That’s where this unbelievably delicious and oh, so Easy Cheesy Ravioli Bake comes into play.
Yes, there are a lot of short cuts with this simple 10 Minute Dinner (which honestly, will take you five minutes to prep), but when you serve this beautiful dinner, hot out of the oven, paired with fresh salad and a loaf of Italian Bread, you will be a rock start in your own kitchen and no one will be the wiser.
While you note in the picture that I added a layer of veggies to my dish, that is completely optional.
You can go straight cheese and I’m sure any toddlers or picky veggie eaters will love me for that. The best part of this meal is that you can get creative and add a layer of pepperoni, ground beef, or Italian Sausage if your family doesn’t want the vegetarian option. There are so many ways to improvise on this, but the basic recipe really includes only three main ingredients.
Can I call this Easy Cheesy Ravioli Bake a recipe?
Sometimes I feel like I’m cheating, but it’s so good. I guess those are the best kinds of recipe.
This is the kind of meal that is the best in comfort food, but disguises itself under the appearance of hard work. It’s PERFECT for large groups because you can just continue to double or triple the recipe and a GREAT cooking with the kids experience because your ten year old can master this recipe.
Recipe: Easy Ravioli Bake
Summary: This deliciously easy Ravioli Bake is the best in homemade comfort food without all the work
- 1 jar (26 to 28 ounces) tomato pasta sauce (your favorite)
- 1 package (25 -27 ounces) frozen cheese-filled ravioli
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or your favorite)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- diced onions, peppers, olives, mushrooms, even spinach (optional)
- Italian Seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray bottom of 13×9 pan with cooking spray.
- Spread 3/4 cup of the pasta sauce on bottom of baking dish.
- Arrange half of the frozen ravioli in single layer over sauce; top with half of the remaining pasta sauce and then optional veggies. If I store bought sauce needs more seasoning, sprinkle Italian Seasoning now. Top with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers once, starting with ravioli. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 40 minutes. Remove foil; bake uncovered 15 more minutes or until cheese has melted and hot in middle.
- If you have the patience, let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
We are whipping up wonderful soup and casserole recipes all season long, so pop back and join us.