Pizza is a staple in our home. There’s no way around it.
It’s served at least once or twice a week, both store bought and home made. I love making my own homemade pizza crust and with my Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer (I admit, I own two because this one was such a great price), homemade crust mixes up in minutes. As we know, that’s not always possible or I wouldn’t have started this site.
Experimenting with pizza toppings is always fun, and if you are looking for a creative party idea, my Build Your Own Pizza Bar consistently will get you rave reviews.
During the summer, I just love turning this into a Grilled Pizza. Have you ever tried it before? Amazing. Check out my post on our yummy grilled veggie pizza over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.
Recipe: BBQ Chicken Pizza
Summary: This delicious BBQ Chicken Pizza brings kids of all ages rushing to the table.
- 1 tube of refrigerated pizza dough (13.8 ounces) or one large (12 inch) store bought partially baked pizza crust like Boboli’s.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 bottle BBQ sauce (approximately)
- 1 – 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (your preference)
- 1 cup shredded or chopped barbeque chicken
- (optional ingredients – top to your hearts delight with minced garlic, finely chopped red onions, peppers etc.)
- Spread the pizza dough out on a pizza pan.
- Drizzle and spread olive oil over the crust, leaving the edge bare.
- Sprinkle garlic over crust (optional).
- Spread BBQ sauce over entire pizza crust to within 1 inch of the edge.
- Sprinkle a little of the cheese on top of sauce.
- Spread BBQ chicken over entire pizza and add any additional toppings of your preference.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the crust begins to brown and crisp up just a bit.
- Cool, then serve or cover with heavy-duty aluminum foil to freeze or serve later.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
What Take Two Recipe would you make with your BBQ Chicken?