Often we forget that it’s the littlest touches that make a meal special or memorable. Even in creating a 10 Minute Dinner, we can add a unique touch without a lot of time.
For instance, instead of just serving your basic ham and cheese sandwich, slather the outside bread with butter or olive oil, grill it up hot and tasty so that cheese melts down the side, make sure you add your favorite toppings and sauce, and watch your family beg for more.
You know the wonderfully fun thing about grilling Paninis? You don’t really need a special panini maker to enjoy the same delicious taste.
That’s right. All you need is a little bit of improvising and everyone’s happy.
I love writing for Land O’Moms, They shared their wonderful panini with me, and if you head over to their site, I see a great printable coupon for their ham right now. (I love coupons.)
Recipe: Black Forest Ham and Cheese Panini
Summary: This delicious Black Forest Ham and Cheese Panini is one of my favorite hot sandwiches.
- 1/3 cup buttermilk ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon oil olive
- 6 slices hearty dark wheat bread
- 1 package of Land O’Frost Bistro Favorites Black Forest Ham
- 3 slices of your favorite cheese (American shown)
- 4 kosher dill pickles sliced in half
- *any favorite topping. I love adding fried onions to mine.
- Drizzle olive oil into hot non-stick pan. Separate slices of Black Forest Ham, placing them into pan.
- Saute for three minutes, turn slices over, repeat three minutes on other side.
- Spread buttermilk dressing onto both sides of bread, place kosher dill slices and cheese on bottom half, top with pile of heated ham slices.
- Close sandwich, place in Panini press or similar heated grill press, and heat for minutes or until cheese melts.
- *When I’m in a hurry, I just put the cold ham right in the sandwich and give it a few extra minutes in the press or waffle maker.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4